Wondering whether a coconut oil supplement will improve the appearance of your hair or skin?
In this review, we take a look at PrecisionNaturals Organic Coconut Oil. In it, you’ll find this product’s ingredients, it’s potential benefits, and our opinion of it.
Product Ingredients/Supplement Facts
This product has a simple formula. It contains:
- 25 Calories
- 25 Calories from fat
- 2000 mg of Organic Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera) (Fruit)
- Coconut oil typically contains these beneficial fatty acids: Lauric Acid 880mg, Myristic Acid 280mg, Caprylic Acid 92mg, Palmitic Acid 120mg, Capric Acid 90mg, Oleic Acid 100mg, Stearic Acid 16mg, Lineolic Acid 16mg.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE TRY RISK FREE - 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Feel Great or Your Money Back!! Every Purchase is Backed by our 1 Year Empty Bottle Guarantee - If you are Not Fully Satisfied for any reason we will refund your money no questions asked.
- BEST SOURCE of MEDIUM CHAIN FATTY ACID(MCFA) found in nature; largely consisting of lauric acid, caprylic acid, and capric acid. This allows for an incredible array of health-promoting properties. MCFA's are metabolized in the body and used for energy production and thus seldom end up as body fat or as deposits in the vascular system; they produce energy, not fat. Medium chain fatty acids do not have a negative effect on blood cholesterol and may help to protect against cardiovascular problems.
- Coconut oil acts as both a FOOD and a MEDICINE. It works to improve the absorption of both minerals (particularly calcium and magnesium) and vitamins. Such vitamins include the ever so important B-complex vitamins as well as the fat soluble vitamins A,D,E, and K. In addition, coconut oil assists in the absorption of some amino acids.
- Coconut oil is revered for its ability to stimulate the body’s metabolism, increase energy, and improve thyroid function. All of these factors work to reduce unwanted body fat and form the basis of why coconut oil is often recommended for healthy endeavours. A great addition to any diet.
Potential Health Benefits
As we mentioned in our article on the best vitamins for the hair skin and nails, some studies indicate that coconut oil has multiple benefits for the hair and skin, among other more general health benefits.
For example, one study concluded that coconut oil is effective and safe as a moisturizer. (1) While that appears to be true, this study was on using coconut oil topically rather than orally.
Dosage & When to Take It
The label on this product states that a serving is 2 capsules. There are 60 servings per container.
|May improve the appearance of the hair and skin||More study is needed on the benefits of taking coconut oil orally|
|May moisturize the skin||Made with a gelatin capsule, meaning it’s not vegan-friendly|
|May help in reducing acne|
|Manufactured in an FDA-approved, GMP-certified facility|
PrecisionNaturals Organic Coconut Oil is a unique and interesting product worth considering.
However, the known potential health benefits of coconut oil relating to the hair, skin, and nails are when applied topically. More studies need to be done on ingesting coconut oil orally because the two don’t necessarily translate.
There are many positive consumer reviews of this product, which makes us more inclined to recommend trying it with the stipulation that you keep track of your results.
As always, consult with your doctor before taking any new health supplements.
If you’d like to compare this supplement to similar products, it made our list of The Top 5 Best Vitamins for Hair, Skin,