In this review, we’ll be taking a look at Pure Encapsulations Magnesium Glycinate.
In it, you’ll learn about this product’s potential health benefits, its ingredients, the proper dosage, its pros and cons, and our assessment of it.
- Heart Health: Magnesium activates the enzymes necessary for a number of physiological functions, including neuromuscular contractions, cardiac function, and the regulation of the acid-alkaline balance in the body.*
- Overall Health & Nutrient Metabolism: This vital mineral helps the metabolism and utilization of many essential nutrients, including vitamin B6, vitamin C, and vitamin E.*
- Energy & Bone Support: Magnesium is necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids and fats, as well as for energy production and the utilization of calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium.*
- Pure Quality: Our supplements are made with only premium ingredients sourced from trusted suppliers and guided by our nutritional experts, then carefully manufactured and tested to verify their potency and purity.
- Pure Difference: What makes us different isn't just our process or what goes into our supplements -- what we leave out matters, too. All Pure Encapsulations products are FREE FROM many common allergens like wheat, eggs, tree nuts & peanuts, gluten, artificial colors, flavors & sweeteners, coatings and shellacs, GMOs, unnecessary binders, fillers & preservatives, and more.
Potential Health Benefits of Magnesium Glycinate
Magnesium is an important nutrient for the body. It has a role in regulating blood pressure and blood sugar levels. It’s involved in muscle and nerve function. It’s also important for the production of bone and protein.
In addition to being essential for several physiological processes in the body, magnesium also has other health benefits. Some of them include:
- Migraine Headaches
- If you suffer from migraines, magnesium may be able to provide some relief, according to some researchers. (1) There is a correlation between people who experience migraines and low levels of magnesium.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Research suggests that magnesium has a role in reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes. (2)
- If you struggle with depression, lack of magnesium could be contributing to the problem. Researchers from one trial concluded that “magnesium supplements may be a fast, safe, and easily accessible alternative, or adjunct, to starting or increasing the dose of antidepressant medications.” (3)
- Blood Pressure
- Although more research needs to be done on this subject, some studies indicate that magnesium appears to lower blood pressure in adults. (4)
- Bone Health/Strength
- Low levels of magnesium are associated with low bone mineral density. (5) Having low bone mineral density could put you at risk of bone fractures and osteoporosis.
- Reduced chronic pain, better muscle flexibility, and improved quality of life
- A study published in the Journal of Pain & Relief found that a ten-year-old male patient who had chronic and debilitating back pain benefited from magnesium supplementation. (6)
Magnesium glycinate is the best type of magnesium to supplement with for many people because it’s easier for the body to absorb and gentle on the stomach.
Product Ingredients/Supplement Facts
Pure Encapsulations Magnesium contains one active ingredient:
- 120mg of magnesium (as magnesium glycinate). This is 29% of the daily value.
Other ingredients include: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate
Dosage & When to Take It
A dose of this supplement is one capsule. We recommend taking it with food and a beverage.
|Vegan/vegetarian-friendly||Some consumers have reported a feeling of itchiness after taking it|
|Gluten-free||Some consumers have reported worse constipation|
|Non-GMO||Another form of magnesium may be a better option for your body chemistry|
|May benefit neuromuscular function||More expensive than other forms of magnesium|
|May have benefits for heart health|
|May provide support for the metabolism|
If you’re looking for a magnesium supplement, Pure Encapsulations Magnesium Glycinate is a great option. Magnesium glycinate is going to be the best option for a lot of people and other than the active ingredient, this supplement has a good, simple formula.
It comes in vegetarian capsules so it’s OK for vegans and vegetarians to take. They’re also gluten-free, non-GMO, and hypoallergenic. This product is more expensive than other supplements that contain different kinds of magnesium but magnesium glycinate is higher quality, plus this brand offers bottles with 180 and 360 capsules, so you can get a full year supply. Buying in bulk also means you don’t have to remember to buy a new bottle every month.Sources