If you’re looking for a raspberry ketones supplement that has some extra ingredients to go along with it, a good option worth looking at is NatureWise Raspberry Ketones Plus+.
This product has a unique formula that sets it apart from other raspberry ketone supplements.
In this review of NatureWise’s Raspberry Ketones Plus+, you’ll find this product’s ingredients, its potential health benefits, its pros/cons, and our assessment of it.
Product Ingredients/Supplement Facts
This supplement contains:
- 400mg of Raspberry Ketones (Rubus Idaeus)
- 201mg of a proprietary antioxidant blend
including:African Mango Extract (4:1) (Irvingia Gabonensis) (Seed), Green Tea Leaves Extract (Camellia Sinensis) (Powder), Acai Berry Powder (Euterpe Oleracea) (Fruit), Cayenne Pepper Powder (Capsicum Annuum) (Fruit)
- NATURAL METABOLISM BOOST: NatureWise Raspberry Ketones Plus+ combines pure raspberry ketones with a blend of powerful plant extracts like acai, African mango seed, green tea, and cayenne to naturally increase fat burning and detoxing for a healthier and more efficient metabolism.*
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS: Raspberry Ketones and African Mango Seed are thought to support weight loss by influencing hormones that regulate sugar and fat metabolism, while Green Tea and Cayenne are natural thermogenics that raise metabolic rate to burn more calories.*
- ANTIOXIDANT POWER: High antioxidant content in Green Tea and Acai helps the liver to detox fat-soluble toxins that can interfere with healthy liver metabolism, which affects your body’s ability to lose weight and stay healthy.*
- POTENT, PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: Our formula delivers 400 mg of raspberry ketones per serving together with a blend of high quality plant extracts standardized for consistent purity and potency.
- 2 MONTH SUPPLY: Includes 120 vegetarian capsules designed to help naturally boost your metabolism and curb cravings to support your weight loss program.
Potential Health Benefits
The main ingredient of this supplement is the raspberry ketones, of course. In this section, we’ll be taking a look into raspberry ketones’ potential health benefits and of the other ingredients.
Research on raspberry ketones and their potential health benefits is mixed. Some small studies indicate that raspberry ketones may be an effective weight-loss treatment, but other studies show no benefit.
As a result, whether raspberry ketones provide health benefits is somewhat murky and controversial.
Ketones are natural substances found in fruits and berries. However, the raspberry ketones you find in supplements are synthetically made.
In an in vitro study (a test tube study), researchers found that raspberry ketones broke down fat and released adiponectin, a hormone associated with weight loss. However, it has yet to be proven that the same thing occurs in humans.
In a separate study in mice who were fed a high-fat diet, the mice gained 10% less weight than the mice in the control group. However, this study only showed that the mice gained less weight, not that they lost weight. It indicates raspberry ketones could potentially help in not putting on any new weight rather than losing existing weight.
So while some of these results appear to be promising, there’s still a lot to learn about raspberry ketones.
In regards to African mango extract (Irvingia gabonensis), a 2008 double-blind, placebo-controlled study split participants into three equal groups: one that received placebo, one that received Cissus quadrangularis, and one that received a combination of Cissus
A 2009 study in overweight and/or obese subjects found that participants who received Irvingia gabonensis saw “significant improvements in body weight, body fat, and waist circumference as well as plasma total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, blood glucose, C-reactive protein, adiponectin and leptin levels”.
Like with raspberry ketones, these findings may be promising but more research needs to be done.
Green tea also contains antioxidants, may lower the blood sugar, may improve exercise performance, may improve heart health, and others.
The acai fruit grows in Brazil and is becoming more widely known for its high nutritional properties. Acai contains potent amounts of antioxidants, which fight against free radicals; substances that cause damage to cells and can lead to disease and even cancer.
Additionally, in one study in overweight subjects, results suggested that acai lowered “bad” cholesterol.
Cayenne pepper powder is found in numerous weight loss supplements. There have been some studies that suggest cayenne pepper may promote weight loss, but more research is still needed and any weight loss benefits from it are probably very modest.
Cayenne pepper may also promote good digestive health, lower blood pressure, and more.
|May break down fat||If the product is effective for you, it’s unclear which ingredients were responsible|
|May help suppress weight gain||Some reviews you’ll find online of this product may be incentivized|
|Contains antioxidants||Side effects that have been reported by some consumers include stomachache, bloating, and constipation|
|May help lower cholesterol/blood pressure||Come in large pills|
|Packaged in sustainable, recycled materials|
NatureWise Raspberry Ketones Plus+ is a product that contains a number of ingredients that may have minimal/modest weight loss benefits. Put together, and they may promote legitimate weight loss. The only issue is that much more research needs to be done on this supplement’s ingredients.
That’s the nature of supplement products since they aren’t regulated by the FDA. The ingredients in this supplement do have good safety profiles, so we do believe it’s safe to take and assess whether it was effective for you or not.
As with any health supplement, consult with your physician before starting a new one.
You can buy NatureWise Raspberry Ketones Plus+ here on Amazon.Sources