Due to its active ingredient, it may provide some weight loss benefits and other health benefits.
In this review, you’ll learn about this product’s ingredients, its potential health benefits, and our opinion on it.
The active ingredient in this product consists of:
- 1.3 grams of conjugated linoleic acid (standardized to 95% from safflower seed oil)
Other ingredients include:
- Soft gel capsule (halal gelatin)
- Purified water
This supplement does NOT contain: wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, or shellfish.
- GET LEAN: Improve your muscle to fat ratio with NatureWise CLA 1250, our bestselling workout supplements for women & men. Studies suggest that CLA supplements support fat loss and lean muscle gain.*
- FAT BURNER PILLS: Conjugated Linoleic acid or CLA pills are thought to function as thermogenic fat burners for men & women by reducing fat storage and prompting the body to burn fatty acids for energy to fuel your workout.*
- PREMIUM QUALITY: NatureWise CLA comes from pure, premium quality, non-GMO safflower oil obtained from certified sources and standardized to a high potency of 80% pure, active CLA 1000 mg per 1250 mg softgel.
- NATURAL & NON-STIMULATING: Unlike some weight loss or bodybuilding supplements, our CLA fat loss pills are made with clean, simple, natural ingredients that are non-stimulating, non-addictive, and safe for ongoing use.
- 2 MONTH SUPPLY: Includes 180 softgel capsules. Standard Serving: Adults take 1 softgel three times daily with meals. Maximum Serving: Adults take 3 softgels three times daily with meals.
Potential Health Benefits
CLA is known to have health benefits when consumed naturally in food. However, getting it from supplements in high doses is more controversial. More on that later.
The main potential health benefit that supplement manufacturers boast about CLA having is weight loss.
One of the early studies on CLA found that it reduced body fat levels in mice, possibly in part by reducing fat deposition and by enhancing fatty oxidation in cells. (1)
There are several studies done in people that indicated CLA was associated with fat loss. (5) (6) (7) (8) One of these studies did report “mild gastrointestinal adverse events”, which is worth taking into consideration.
The label on this product states that a standard dose is 1 capsule and that the maximum dose is 3 capsules. However, we recommend only taking one.
When to Take It
If you get an upset stomach easily, it’s best to take this supplement with food and drink, as it is made with a soft gel.
|Has the potential to promote weight loss.||Is not vegan/vegetarian friendly, as it comes in a gelatin capsule.|
|May provide a boost to your workouts.||May only have modest weight loss benefits.|
|Free of wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, and shellfish.||May not be effective for certain people.|
|Plant-based||Can cause gas and other digestive discomfort.|
|Non-GMO||Dose may be too high|
|No artificial fillers|
In terms of being a CLA supplement, NatureWise Elite 95% CLA 1300 is worth considering. The only larger qualm we have with it is the dosage probably doesn’t need to be as high as it is.
Other than that, NatureWise is a reputable company that’s been manufacturing supplements for some time, which provides some peace of mind.
The consumer reviews available online on this product are somewhat similar to what the scientific studies indicate. Some people benefit from this product and others do not.
We think this product is worthy of trying, but it’s best to be realistic about the results it may provide. Lastly, if you’re thinking about trying this product, check with your doctor first.Sources