In this article, you’ll learn about this product’s ingredients, its potential health benefits, pros/cons, and our thoughts on it.
Product Ingredients/Supplement Facts
This product contains:
- 1 gram total carbohydrate (<1% daily value)
- 1 gram dietary fiber (4% daily value)
- 400 mg of magnesium (as magnesium glycinate) (100% daily value)
Other ingredients: cellulose, stearic acid, silica, and magnesium stearate.
- A SOURCE OF STRENGTH: Provides nutritive support for natural calmness and healthy muscle function
- CAREFULLY CRAFTED: Made right in our own facility, KAL Magnesium is chelated and highly bioavailable
- DIGESTION EASE: ActivTab technology provides tablet disintegration in 30 minutes per USP standards
- NON-BUFFERED: Unlike many other brands, KAL Magnesium is not diluted by inexpensive magnesium oxide
- ONLY THE BEST: Rest assured with this Vegan, Non-GMO, Soy Free, Dairy Free, and Gluten Free solution
Potential Health Benefits
Magnesium is an important mineral, as it is used in many enzymatic processes in the human body. For example, it helps in the transmission of nerve signals and metabolizing food.
Magnesium is an anti-inflammatory, meaning it protects the body from free radicals, which are one of the root cause of many diseases.
Some studies indicate that supplementing with magnesium can improve physical exercise performance. (4) (5) This may be due to magnesium increasing the availability of glucose for the body to use as energy and clearing out lactate from the muscles. (6)
If you suffer from migraines, supplementing with magnesium may help. Researchers from a 2015 study found that magnesium supplementation was more effective at relieving migraine symptoms than a combination of dexamethasone and metoclopramide. (7)
Dosage & When to Take It
A serving size for this supplement is two capsules. We recommend taking it with a meal and beverage.
|Chelated||Some consumers have noted that it doesn’t get fully digested|
|Free of dairy, soy, and gluten||May cause hives/skin rashes|
|Magnesium may improve exercise performance|
|Magnesium may improve mood and alleviate depression|
|Magnesium has anti-inflammatory properties|
KAL’s Magnesium Glycinate 400 ticks pretty much all the boxes for what makes a good magnesium supplement—and a good supplement in general.
It contains 100% of the daily value of magnesium. If you take this supplement every day, you’ll be getting more magnesium than necessary, but at least its not going overboard compared to some other supplements.
It has some features that we like to see in all supplements: it’s non-GMO, vegan-friendly, and free of dairy, gluten, and soy.
Because they’re not soft gels, they’re easy on the stomach.
If you’re interested in trying out this product, you can find it on Amazon here.Sources