HairAnew is a supplement marketed as a product that can approve the appearance and health of the hair, skin, and nails.
In this review, you’ll learn about this product’s ingredients, its potential health benefits, our opinion of it, and more.
This product contains:
- 750 mg of Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), 1250% daily value
- 50 IU of Vitamin E (as dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate), 167% daily value
- 5,000 mcg of Biotin (as d-Biotin), 1667% daily value
- 25 mg of Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCI), 1250% daily value
- 40 mg of Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate), 400% daily value
- 10 mg of Zinc (as zinc gluconate), 67% daily value
- 160 mg of Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum) (whole plant)
- 50 mg of Inositol
- 45 mg of Ginko Biloba
- 20 mg of Horsetail Extract 7% Silica (Equisetum arvense) (stem and leaf)
- CONFIDENCE IN A CAPSULE: Do you dream of thick, lustrous hair? Beautiful hair is healthy hair, which is why our team of scientists, nutritional experts and formulators created HairAnew with 11 specially selected ingredients, to nourish your hair from the inside. This unique combination addresses nutritional deficiencies that can cause hair loss, thinning and slow regrowth, which can really give your confidence a hit. HairAnew provides the foundation for faster growing, longer, healthier hair.
- PERFECT TREATMENT FOR ALL HAIR TYPES: HairAnew is suitable for all hair types – straight, wavy, curly and coily – any color, any age, and works for both women and men. We’ve been selling HairAnew since 2014 and have shipped out more than 11 million capsules, so we’re confident you should expect noticeable results within 30-60 days. You should also notice some fabulous additional benefits: stronger nails, thicker eyelashes and eyebrows, and more glowing skin!
- NO COMPROMISES: Every batch of HairAnew is manufactured to the highest NSF and GMP standards in a state-of-the-art facility in Oregon, USA. Unlike gummies, HairAnew is sugar-free, and unlike other hair supplements and treatments, it contains no collagen or animal products – it’s completely vegan/vegetarian. It’s also non-GMO, free of gluten and soy, tested for allergens, and absolutely never tested on animals. So you can trust you're taking the healthiest and most ethical product possible.
- CLEAN, PURE & PACKED WITH GOODNESS: To ensure the purity of every HairAnew capsule, we get every batch tested by 6 independent laboratories before they arrive at Amazon – and we publish those results for you (summary in images above). These tests prove the supplement you’ll receive is safe and has the full amount of all hair-boosting ingredients in every capsule, including 5000 mcg of biotin. You can be confident that what you’re getting is clean, pure, and packed with goodness for your hair.
- EASY & GUARANTEED: Order today and thanks to Amazon’s industry-leading fulfilment, you could have your HairAnew supplement in a matter of hours or days. Take 2 small, easy-to-swallow capsules once a day – that’s all it takes to start on your journey to thick, healthy, luscious hair. If you’re not excited by the initial results, let us know within 90 days and we’ll happily provide your money back^ – that’s how confident we are. No risk to you, and everything to gain!
Potential Health Benefits
In terms of potential hair benefits that this supplement may provide, it mostly comes from the biotin. There are other potential health benefits as well though.
Biotin is part of the vitamin B family and plays a role in converting nutrients into energy.
Marketers often present their biotin products as if biotin’s hair benefits are 100% proven. However, research on biotin and its benefits for the hair is actually somewhat limited.
That said, two of the most often-cited studies on this subject had promising results.
A 2012 study using an oral marine protein supplement (MPS) containing biotin in women with thinning hair found that it safely and effectively promoted hair growth.
A 2015 study by the same researcher found similar results: the findings indicated that MPS supplements containing biotin “promotes hair growth and decreases hair loss in women suffering from temporary thinning hair”. (1)
A 2017 review of studies done on biotin and its effects on the hair and skin found that “all cases showed evidence of clinical improvement after receiving biotin”. However, all studies reviewed were done in individuals who had conditions such as uncombable hair or brittle nail syndrome. Authors of this review noted that biotin supplementation may be of benefit to people with specific health conditions but that there is “lack of sufficient evidence for supplementation in healthy individuals”. (2)
The takeaway here is that if you don’t have a clinical health condition that affects your hair, there’s little evidence that biotin will have benefits for your hair. On the other hand, many consumers self-report that biotin has strengthened, thickened, or improved the appearance of their hair. This could be a result of the placebo effect though, so it’s important to take these things with a grain of salt.
One study indicated that it may prevent hair loss. (8)
Vitamin B6 is included as well, which is essential in the production of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin transports oxygen to your cells.
Pantothenic acid is also known as vitamin B5. It helps convert food into energy and is involved in the production of blood cells. There is no direct evidence that pantothenic acid will help prevent or reverse graying hair, but a deficiency in it is linked to graying hair. (11)
Inositol is a carbohydrate that may help balance blood sugar levels, among other benefits. (16)
In a small study in women with thinning hair, a supplement containing horsetail extract, along with other ingredients was given to the participants. The participants saw improvements in hair volume and thickness after 90 days. (20)
Dosage & When to Take It
Nature’s Bounty recommends taking 2 gummies daily, preferably with a meal.
|May improve the appearance of the hair||Is somewhat expensive|
|May strengthen the hair||Is ineffective for some consumers, likely because they don’t have deficiencies in any of the ingredients in the product|
|Contains multiple ingredients to improve the health of the hair in multiple ways||May cause headaches|
|Vegetarian/vegan-friendly||May cause breakouts|
|Made in the USA||May cause nauesea|
|Made in a GMP-compliant, NSF-registered facility|
|Gluten-free, sugar-free, lactose-free, soy-free, wheat-free, non-GMO, cruelty-free|
This supplement doesn’t contain any miracle ingredients, but it does address some nutrients deficiencies that can lead to hair conditions. There’s also some evidence that some of the ingredients in HairAnew may improve the appearance of the hair or strengthen it.
All in all, this is a pretty well-formulated product that’s worth trying of you’re experiencing hair loss or a decline in the appearance of your hair.
HairAnew made our Top 5 Best Vitamins for Hair, Skin and Nails review—if you’d like to learn more about other products that it compares to, you can click here.Sources