Trying to decide on the best maca supplement for you?
With all the options on the market, it can be difficult to decide on the best option for you.
So in this article, we’ve narrowed down the choices to the best ashwagandha supplements available.
You’ll also learn about ashwagandha’s potential health benefits, dosage size, and how we determine the best supplements.
NaturaLife Labs Organic Maca is a very well-formulated supplement that’s priced reasonably, which is why we’ve rated it as the best overall maca supplement.
The great thing about this supplement is that it contains the three types (black, red, and yellow) of maca rather than just one kind. This means you get the full spectrum of health benefits of maca, as each type is slightly different.
This supplement comes in vegetarian capsules. It’s also organic, non-GMO, and does not contain binders or fillers.
BulkSupplements Maca Root Extract Powder is our pick for the best maca root extract supplement in powder form. We’ve reviewed multiple products from BulkSupplements and have found that they produce quality products that are simply-formulated and affordable.
About half a teaspoon of this supplement contains 1,000 milligrams, which you can mix in with a drink. We found that it doesn’t dissolve all that great in just a drink so we recommend mixing it with a smoothie.
This supplement is free of sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, and additives.
- Loaded with vitamins and minerals and Rich in antioxidants
- May aid memory and May help libido*
- May support sexual health*
- May fortify immune function*
- May contribute to overall health and wellness*
Potent Organics Maca is an organic maca root supplement that contains 757.5mg per serving. The great thing about this supplement is that a serving is just one capsule.
This supplement is all-natural, gluten-free, non-GMO, and it comes in vegetarian capsules. This brand offers a 90-day money-back guarantee and offers discounts when you order multiple bottles.
- IMPROVED ENERGY: An effective alternative to potentially harmful stimulants, these maca powder capsules work as a natural vitality booster – perfect for boosting your energy without the side effects!
- BALANCES HORMONES: Maca root has been shown to stabilize hormonal health and aid fertility, meaning this maca for women is ideal for rebalancing libido, potentially increasing chance of conception, and helping reduce hormonal mood swings.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Made in the USA, suitable for vegetarians and only containing all-natural, gluten-free ingredients, we’re 100% sure you’ll love your new black maca capsules. But if you’re not fully satisfied, let us know within 30 days for a full refund.
- BOOSTS IMMUNE SYSTEM: Able to help enhance both immune system function and the cardiovascular system, these maca capsules will make a great health-boosting addition to your daily routine.
- NO BAD TASTE: Unlike many other forms of maca root powder, these maca pills have no unpleasant aftertaste. Super easy to swallow with no bad taste, this maca extract supplement is ideal for those who hate swallowing pills.
Nutra Champs Maca is a very good option as well.
It contains 60 servings of all three maca types (black, red, and yellow), which come in vegetable cellulose capsules. Two capsules make for 1,000mg serving. It has 5mg of black pepper extract for better absorption.
This product is naturally-sourced, third-party tested, and non-GMO. It’s manufactured in the USA in a certified GMP facility.
- ★ NATURAL BOOST - Are you ready to fire on all cylinders? Maca is an ancient herbal energizer that has withstood the test of time to become a modern day hero in a fast-paced world. Maca was historically consumed before battle by Inca warriors, and for good reason. No matter what you have in store for the day, Maca’s natural energy, mood, focus, and performance enhancing benefits are ready to revitalize.
- ★ PEAK PERFORMANCE - For centuries, Maca has been used to help both men and women get the most out of their days and nights. From balanced mood to boosted drive, Maca is ready to rev up your engine and get you to where you need to be, and allow you to do what you've got to do.
- ★ ORGANIC ALL-COLOR COMPLEX - Designed to deliver each color of maca roots unique benefits, NutraChamps Maca packs the power of all root colors together into one convenient capsule. A premium blend of black, red, purple, and yellow roots unearth the maximum potential of maca to ensure you’re leaving no benefits buried away.
- ★ SUPERIOR ABSORPTION & BENEFITS - NutraChamps premium Maca blend is gelatinized (broken down) for easier digestion and increased bioavailability. It also features black pepper extract to maximize absorption and ensure your body reaps all the incredible benefits that Maca has to offer.
Gold Health Maca contains 1,500mg of black, red, and yellow organic maca root. It also has 5mg of black pepper extract for better absorption and comes in vegetable cellulose capsules.
This supplement is free of gluten, soy, eggs, dairy, nuts, preservatives, and animal products. It’s manufactured in an FDA-inspected, GMP-certified facility. It’s third-party tested and is non-GMO-verified.
- ✔️ STRONG PREMIUM BLEND OF THREE ORGANIC MACA ROOTS (BLACK, RED & YELLOW): X Gold Health Maca Capsules contain 1500mg of the highest quality Organic Maca root in each serving. Organically grown in Peru to give you the maximum health benefits. We've combined a unique premium blend of 3 specially sourced Maca roots extracts: Black, Red, and Yellow, a powerful natural complex the maximum potential of Maca to ensure you’re leaving no benefits buried away, you won't believe it's all natural.
- ✔️ READY TO REVITALIZE? It's a powerful natural complex gives you the energy for everything you love. Have more natural energy each day to enjoy life. Have better workouts with more stamina, and have more vigor, enhanced performance, and increases your fertility. Why do women love it? Women have found it to help balance hormones and keep moods level.*
- ✔️ SUPERIOR ABSORPTION & BENEFITS: Our premium Maca blend root is gelatinized for easier digestion and increase the nutrient concentration for more potency (Gelatinized is the process that the Maca is boiled to remove the starch). It also features black pepper for maximum absorption, to help your body absorb the nutrients it receives more efficiently and to enhance benefits.*
- ✔️ BEST QUALITY: Best of all, you can take our brand with confidence because it has been proudly made in the USA. We use Certified Organic Peruvian Maca, Non-GMO, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, has No Synthetic Fillers and No Animal Gelatin. You get the purest grade of Maca to help you live a purer quality of life more energetic.
- ✔️ 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - It's simply is the purest most potent Organic Maca root complex in this market. We want you to love this product. If for any reason you are not satisfied, just let us know and you will be refunded fully, no questions asked!
Potential Health Benefits of Maca
Maca is taken as a supplement for a number of potential health benefits, which have varying amounts of scientific research as proof of their validity. In other words, some claims about maca warrant further research while other claims are unfounded.
In this section you’ll find potential health benefits of maca that have some scientific grounding.
Maca is a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
It May Improve Your Mood
Some studies show that maca may help alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and depression. (1) (2)
It May Improve Cognitive Function
Studies in rodents show that maca may improve brain function—specifically learning and memory. (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)
It May Improve Exercise Performance
Multiple animal studies suggest that maca may improve exercise performance. (8) (9) (10)
In a study done in adult cyclist males, time trials improved after taking maca for two weeks and the researchers encouraged more long-term clinical studies with more volunteers. (11)
It Increases Libido
The libido can decrease with age or from taking certain medications such as SSRIs for depression. Studies in people with sexual dysfunction related to SSRIs indicate that maca was beneficial. (12)
It May Help With Male Fertility
A 2016 systematic review found that maca had some positive effects on fertility in men. The studies had varying findings.
One found that it improved sperm mobility. Others found improvements in overall semen quality. The authors, however, said that more research needs to be done to draw conclusions. (13)
May Reduce Size of the Prostate
Animal studies suggest that a certain type of maca (red maca) may promote a reduction in prostate size. (14) (15) (16) (17) Studies in men are needed to confirm these findings.
May Provide Relief from Menopause Symptoms
Maca has been used for hundreds of years in South America with the intention of treating infertility and improving hormone balance in women.
One study reported that maca helped to alleviate hot flashes, profuse sweating, nervousness, mood swings, interrupted sleep pattern, fatigue, stress, headaches, depression, and decreased libido. (18) More research is needed.
How We Chose the Best Maca Supplements
First, we determined the best maca supplements based on the products’ formulas and their ingredient quality.
We then looked at things like whether a supplement was manufactured in a certified GMP facility, the brand’s reputation, whether the product contains GMOs, and if it’s vegan/vegetarian-friendly.
Price was a consideration, as you have to have financial access to a health supplement for it to do you any good, although it’s not our first priority.
There are some other good products on the market, but based on these criteria, we determined that these are the best maca supplements.
Based on our research and testing, the best maca supplement for most people is NaturaLife Labs’ Organic Maca. It contains a potent dose of maca when taken as suggested (2 capsules), but you can also take just one if that’s enough for you.
This supplement met our standards for quality and safety. It’s certified organic, non-GMO, vegan-vegetarian-friendly, is free of common allergens and is manufactured in the USA.Sources