Looking for the best gotu kola supplements?
In this article, you’ll find the best gotu kola supplements in a variety of forms; capsules, powder, and drops, so you have options for choosing which type works best for you.
You’ll also learn about gotu kola’s health benefits and how we determine the top supplements.
Our pick for the number one best gotu kola supplement is Nature’s Way Gotu Kola Herb. This supplement contains 950mg of gotu kola (stem, leaf) per serving.
This is a potent dose consisting of two capsules, so if that’s more than necessary for you, you can just take one capsule. It’s made with a plant-based capsule, so it’s safe for vegans/vegetarians.
If you prefer to take a gotu kola supplement in powder form, Just Jaivik Organic Gotu Kola Powder may be the best option for you. You can mix this supplement with a variety of drinks or make a tea out of it.
A serving size of this supplement is just one teaspoon, which you can take once or twice a day.
It’s certified USDA organic and vegan/vegetarian-friendly.
- 100% Organic Gotu Kola Leaves Powder, also known as Brahmi and Madukaparni Powder
- One of the most popular herbal supplement from Indian Ayurveda for human kind.
- Known to help in concentration, focus, memory and alertness.
- Known to help in premature hair falls due to stress.
- Processed in USDA (NOP), GMP, KOSHER, HALAL and FSSAI Certified facility in India.
Another option for a gotu kola supplement that comes in something other than pill form is Herb Pharm Certified Organic Gotu Kola Liquid Extract. You can take this supplement as drops on the tongue but we recommend diluting it in a drink of water or juice.
It’s non-GMO, gluten-free, and certified organic.
- Expertly extracted for support of the musculoskeletal system
- Prepared from certified organic whole herb of Centella asiatica plants
- Rapidly absorbed liquid extract
- Organic, Vegan and Gluten-free
- Herb potency assured through High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC) analysis
Nature Restore Gotu Kola contains 500mg of gotu kola extract and is standardized to 10% triterpines.
You only have to take one capsule for a serving with this supplement, and a bottle comes with 90. It’s dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, and third-party tested.
- Highly concentrated Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) Extract Supplement standardized to 10% Triterpenes
- Make sure you're buying a high potency gotu kola and not grounded powder! Gotu Kola's known chemical components of naturally occurring triterpenes (including Asiaticoside) has shown potential health benefits. An incredible adaptogen and may induce collagen synthesis for youthful and elastic skin
- 500mg per capsule, 90 capsules per bottle
- Manufactured in USA, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Independent, 3rd Party Lab Tested for Heavy Metals (see in images)
- LOCAL SMALL BUSINESS | We're a small outfit in Orange County California. Thanks for your Support!
Last but not least we have Pure Mountain Botanicals Gotu Kola.
This supplement contains 400mg of gotu kola per serving, which is a single capsule. There are 90 servings per bottle.
It’s vegetarian, kosher certified, and gluten-free. It does not contain fillers or GMOs.
Why Take a Gotu Kola Supplement?
Gotu kola has a long history in traditional Chinese and ayurvedic medicine because it’s thought to have a number of health benefits. Some of the more notable potential health benefits of gotu kola may include:
- It may help ease stress and anxiety (1) (2)
- It may improve brain function by enhancing things like learning and memory. (3) (4)
- It may provide relief for depression. (5)
- It may be a remedy for insomnia. (6)
- It may benefit the joints. (7)
- It may be good for circulation. (8)
- Gotu kola is an antioxidant, so it protects against free radicals that damage cells and can cause diseases.
How We Chose the Best Gotu Kola Supplements
When rating any supplements, we first look at the supplement’s formula. We look for supplements that have potent enough active ingredients to achieve their effect and not too much that it could be harmful. We also try to avoid supplements that have such low potency that they would be ineffective but that’s far less common than supplement brands making their products too potent.
We also look for supplements that are non-GMO, kosher, vegan/vegetarian-friendly, gluten-free, and manufactured in a GMP (good manufacturing practices) facility.
Price is a consideration but not our first priority.
The gotu kola supplements listed here best met our criteria among the supplements on the market.
As of right now, many people outside of places in India and Asia where gotu kola has been traditionally used are just now learning about this plant and its health benefits. It hasn’t received the spotlight that some other up-and-coming health supplements have received, but it’s clear that more and more people are becoming aware of it.
If you’re interested in getting the health benefits from gotu kola, we recommend Nature’s Way Gotu Kola Herb and the best overall gotu kola health supplement currently on the market.Sources