Interested in buying a bacopa monnieri supplement to improve your health but not sure what product to buy?
For this article, we’ve researched what’s available on the market in order to determine the best bacopa monnieri supplements to make your decision easier for you.
You’ll also learn about bacopa’s health benefits and how we chose the best bacopa supplements.
Pure Mountain Botanicals Bacopa has taken our number one spot as the best bacopa supplement currently on the market.
We liked the formula of this supplement, namely how the brand chose to go with a reasonable dose of bacopa—it contains 300mg of organic bacopa herb and 100mg of bacopa herb extract. This falls within the normal range of around 300-450mg that has been given safely to study participants.
In addition, this supplement is organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, kosher, and vegan/vegetarian. It doesn’t contain any unnecessary/harmful binders, fillers, or artificial preservatives.
- Bacopa is a Traditional Herb used to support Focus and Enhanced Memory*
- COGNITIVE SUPPORT FORMULA: High Potency Organic Bacopa with 20% Bacosides A & B
- Our BACOPA is VEGETARIAN, KOSHER and GLUTEN FREE. Feel Secure Knowing You're Only Putting the Absolute Best Product in Your Body, Made with NO Harsh Preservatives, Fillers or Flowing Agents - NO Sodium Benzoate, NO Magnesium Stearate, NO GMOs
- Supports neurotransmitters used for Calmness and Relaxation*
- TRY OUR PRODUCTS with NO RISK - At Pure Mountain Botanicals we take your experience with our products to heart. If you are not happy with our product, just let us know - we're here to help.
We’ve reviewed several BulkSupplements products and found them to be pure, high-quality, and affordable. The same goes for BulkSupplements’ Bacopa Extract Powder.
With just 1/6th of a teaspoon you get 450mg of bacopa extract. There are no other ingredients in this supplement, so it’s as pure as it gets. It’s free of sugar, soy, dairy, yeast, gluten, and additives.
This supplement is vegan/vegetarian-friendly.
- brain supplements for memory and focus supports the brain*
- Memory and focus supplements supports the brain*
- Bacopa monnieri supports the heart*
- Brahmi powder supports the respiratory system*
- best brain focus and memory supplements
Anatu Organics Bacopa contains 870 total milligrams of bacopa—450mg of which is organic bacopa extract, 400mg is organic bacopa raw powder, and 20mg is organic bacopa extract (paste).
This supplement does not contain preservatives, hormones, antibiotics, sugar, artificial color/ingredients, dairy, animal products, soy, fish, or nuts.
These are vegetarian tablets that are manufactured in the USA in a certified GMP facility.
With 300mg of bacopa extract and 700mg of organic bacopa, Jiva Botanicals Bacopa contains a potent 1,000mg dose of this healthy herb.
This product is free of GMOs, soy, animal byproducts, artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, sugar, preservatives, starch, milk, lactose, gluten, wheat, yeast, fish, and sodium. It comes in vegetarian capsules.
A serving is two capsules and a bottle comes with 30 servings. It’s manufactured in the USA in a FDA-registered, GMP facility.
- Memory Supplement - A natural brain booster, bacopa capsules support focus, memory and concentration. Bramhi capsules are an all natural brain supplement that provides support for stress and anxiety - a mood enhancer and herbal anti depressant
- Natural Nootropic - All natural, Bacopa Monnieri is one of the common herbal nootropics. Jiva Botanicals Bacopa Extract Brahmi Capsules are an all natural alternative to centella asiatica ( Gotu Kola ) or Ginkgo Biloba.
- Brahmi Powder and Bramhi Capsules are used in ayurveda to support the immune system and as a herbal antioxidant (fights free radical damage).
- Bacopa Monnieri Capsules are often referred to as concentration pills, focus pills, depression supplements and memory pills! Brami bacopa monniera Bramhi Bhrahmi Bocopa ... Same benefits, just different names
- JIVA BOTANICALS manufactures only premium vitamins, capsules, pills, tablets, powders, multivitamins, supplements, ayurvedic medicine, and herbal extracts for men, women, and children. We serve you with the best bacopa quality and value.
Himalaya is health supplement brand that has been around since 1930.
Himalaya Bacopa contains 500mg of organic bacopa powder and 250mg of organic bacopa extract. A nice thing about this supplement is that a serving is just one caplet and there are 60 per bottle. It’s also certified organic.
- PROVIDES BRAIN SUPPORT: Promotes cognitive wellness and helps relieve mental fatigue.
- ORGANIC, NON-GMO & PLANT BASED: USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO verified. Does not contain ingredients of animal origin. Additive free, gluten free, wheat free, corn free, soy free and dairy free, with no artificial fillers, binders or excipients.
- CLINICAL STRENGTH EXTRACT: Each caplet is equivalent to 3,375 mg of powder. When choosing brands, always remember higher milligram content does not necessarily translate into strength and efficacy without clinical evidence. This supplement has been clinically studied for safety and efficacy, from a brand trusted since 1930.
- STANDARDIZED EXTRACT: Made from whole plant powder and whole plant extract instead of just the simple crushed powder you may find in other supplements.
- QUALITY & SAFETY: Produced in a cGMP Good Manufacturing Practices certified facility and rigorously tested for identity, strength and safety using well recognized techniques and highly sophisticated instruments.
Potential Bacopa Monnieri Health Benefits
There is still a lot to be learned about bacopa monnieri and its health benefits, so claims made by supplement manufacturers should be taken with a grain of salt until it’s better understood.
There are a number of studies that have discovered promising findings, though.
It Has Antioxidants
Bacopa monnieri has potent antioxidant effects. Antioxidants are very beneficial to health because they work to prevent cell damage that can lead to all sorts of illness and disease.
Test tube and animal studies show that bacopa may protect the brain against oxidative damage. (1)
It’s an Anti-Inflammatory
Some level of inflammation in the body is necessary, as it’s a natural response against disease and is part of the healing process. Extended, low-level inflammation, however, is another story. Chronic inflammation is linked with many diseases, including cancer.
Bacopa monnieri has inhibited inflammation and processes associated with inflammation in test tube and animal studies. (2) (3) (4)
In a study in rodents, bacopa’s anti-inflammatory activity was comparable to indomethacin, a prescription drug used to treat pain and other symptoms due to inflammation. (5)
It May Relieve Anxiety and Stress
Few studies have been done on bacopa monnieri in humans in regards to stress. However, one of the studies that was done in humans showed that bacopa monnieri had positive cognitive effects in study participants who were put under stressful conditions. (6)
Other studies found reduced levels of anxiety and depression in participants who took bacopa compared to placebo. (7) (8)
On the other hand, one study found that bacopa didn’t have an effect on anxiety levels. (9) More research is needed.
It May Enhance Brain Function
Multiple studies in humans using bacopa extract suggest that it enhances cognitive function. (1)
Results from two studies suggest that bacopa monnieri may improve speed of visual information processing, learning rate, attention, and memory. (7) (10)
How We Chose the Best Bacopa Monnieri Supplements
We approach finding each separate type of supplement in much the same way. We first take a look at the product’s formula and include products that contain a dosage size that makes sense; enough to achieve the desired effect but not too much so as to be harmful in any way.
Next we look at additional ingredients. We’re mostly looking for supplements that are pure and contain a single active ingredient. We tend to avoid proprietary blends, as you don’t know exactly what you’re getting and if the supplement is effective for you, you don’t know from which ingredient(s) you benefited from.
If there are any other included ingredients, we generally look for ones that work in synergy with the main ingredient or increase absorption.
Next, we look for criteria such as products that are vegan-friendly, non-GMO, and manufactured in a GMP (good manufacturing practices) facility.
As with many supplements, there are plenty of high quality bacopa supplements on the market. But based on our research and testing, our choice for the best bacopa supplement is Pure Mountain Botanicals Bacopa.
This supplement ticks the main boxes we look for when rating supplements. It contains an effective and safe dosage of bacopa plus several other features that make it attractive: it’s organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegan/vegetarian-friendly.
It’s a great option but you really can’t go wrong with any of these other supplements if one is a better fit for you based on your specific needs.Sources